Legal Disclaimer: We do not post any reviews of products unless they have been tested by our review personnel.
Products may be provided free of charge for purpose of review only; no other compensation is accepted. All statements are solely intended as opinion.

Hair: Longhairlovers Luxe Banana-Mango Intensive Conditioner



Longhairlovers Luxe Banana-Mango Hair Treatment is like a drink of tropical hydration for your hair!

Description:  Real banana pulp and rich mango butter soften brittle ends to  prevent breakage, while panthenol, wheat protein, and hylauronic acid strengthen hair by filling in weak spots and fortifying from the inside out. Also contains Foraha Oil, which has been used for centuries in Madagascar to promote healthy hair growth. A truly luxurious treatment that leaves hair soft, shiny, and frizz-free. 4oz

Ingredients:  water, behentrimonium methosulfate, cetearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, organic banana pulp, hydrolyzed wheat protein, panthenol, hydrolyzed mucopolysaccharides, linoleic acid, linolenic acid, hyaluronic acid, sorbitol, wheat germ oil, jojoba oil, tocopherol, shea butter, mango butter, stearyl alcohol, avocado oil, steareth-2, foraha oil, rosemary leaf extract, dehydroacetic acid, benzyl alcohol, essential oils

Price:  $36 US



If the definition of "gone bananas" translates to me smearing bananas all over my head...well then, it's official, I've gone bananas over this product! I knew fruit was good for the body, but even with all of my wholesome research and living, never had the thought crossed my mind that fruit might be good for my hair too. Well, Longhairlovers Luxe brings you the best deep-conditioning treatment that nature ever invented....Banana-Mango Hair Treatment!


While using it, my shower was literally transformed into a tropical paradise, I imagined myself as an Amazonian beauty bathing in a waterfall surrounded by exotic birds! Ok, yes, I have quite the imagination, but hey, you would too if you could smell how delicious this conditioner is! It really made me want to take a bite, it started to look like sorbet...and although I'm sure it wouldn't have hurt me to have tasted just a bit, I had to remind myself that this treat was for my lovely locks!  Caution: Do not condition while hungry!


It left my hair feeling fabulous, my natural waves and curls were restored without frizz, and I was absolutely delighted! I happily headed over to the EWG Skin Deep Database to enter in the ingredients (yes, if you have a product that is not in the database, you can enter it in yourself to receive a safety report). That's when I hit a bit of a speed bump....benzyl alcohol came up with a higher than expected rating. Even though it is one of the last ingredients on the label, and ingredients are listed in their order of concentration (the last ingredient on the list has the smallest amount in the finished product), I contacted the manufacturer to inquire as to why they chose to add this particular ingredient to their product. Here is the response:
"Benzyl alcohol is a preservative, it is a derivative of Benzoin a naturally occurring resin from the Styrax benzoin tree.  It keeps the product from hosting dangerous bacteria. The preservative is certified by Eco Cert, one of the leading international organic and natural certification agencies which guarantees the respect of the environment during the production process, and also enhances renewable natural substances. The percentage is so low in the product it will not affect humans in an adverse way."
After receiving this reply, I felt reassured and am now confident in recommending this product to my friends and family. Although my hair is natural, I have so many friends and family who damage their hair on a constant basis with blow drying, harsh products, coloring, bleaching, straightening, and just basically stripping the hair of it's vitality...I've found this product to be a breath of fresh hair!


Recommended for: Chemically treated or colored hair, damaged hair, dry hair, or occasional application for normal/healthy hair