Legal Disclaimer: We do not post any reviews of products unless they have been tested by our review personnel.
Products may be provided free of charge for purpose of review only; no other compensation is accepted. All statements are solely intended as opinion.

Organic Botanical Perfume Collection from Miessence

Green your fragrance!

Description: The sensual pleasure of performing the same ancient anointing ritual that has been part of the human experience for thousands of years creates harmony in our physical, mental, emotional and spiritual selves. For a lingering aromatic experience, apply your perfume to the body's pulse points: wrist, neck, cleavage and behind the ears. Our perfumes interact and blend with your individual body chemistry, creating your own unique fragrance that evolves over time. Includes 6 roll-on bottles of 1ml perfume each in a gift bag and box.

Ingredients (vary by scent): geraniol, citronellol, eugenol, benzyl benzoate, parfum (proprietary blend of organic botanical extracts, absolutes and essential oils), linalool, limonene, citral, isoeugenol, farnesol, coumarin, jojoba seed oil

EWG Safety Rating: 0-1 (safest/green)

Price: $12.80 for one scent of your choice or $70.05 for the collection of 6! For a limited time only, use coupon elyo20 to receive an additional 20% off any order! (valid only through link below)

You've gone through your cabinets, drawers, and closets...all has gotten "greener" except one last little thing...the one thing you're just not sure you can change: your signature scent! Yes, ladies, this has been the monkey on my back since going green...I just can't seem to find MY signature scent in an eco-friendly or non-toxic version. Now, I'm a rational person and I realize that it has to go, it just isn't worth pouring carcinogens and phthalates on my skin, why die to smell good, I know, I know...but gosh, it's just so hard to let go of a really addictive perfume!

In my attempts to green my perfume, I've tried so many options, but the hunt continues on and on...searching for the perfect one. If you are also looking to go green in one of the toughest product areas (perfumes), you might want to check out the Miessence organic botanical perfume collection!

First things first, it's labeled as certified organic, but what does certified organic really mean? Independent Miessence representative, Erin Ely, gives insight into this somewhat overlooked and often confused issue.

"When you see on the label "certified organic" that means the product meets the food standard for certified organic: These products contain at least 95% organically produced agricultural ingredients (excluding water and salt). The remaining ingredients (up to 5%) can be non-agricultural substances or non-organically produced agricultural ingredients, with strict processing criteria (eg: absolutely no GMOs or synthetic chemicals). These products bear the Australian Certified Organic logo and may also display the IFOAM and USDA logos, if issued."

Now that we understand what it means to be certified organic, let's look at each of the perfumes in the sample collection by Miessence. Nicely packaged in an organza bag inside of a sturdy gift box, are 6 bottles (1ml) with roll-on applicators. The six included scents are: Delicious, Love, Fire, Calm, Brave, and Wild. As any fragrance, each interacts differently with your body chemistry, creating a unique scent on each person; however, here is what each reminded me of when applied to my skin.

Miessence Love: Strong floral scent, best used in the evenings
Miessence Delicious: Maple candy or syrup scent
Miessence Fire: Softer, woodsy scent, best used casually in daytime
Miessence Calm: Reminds me of sea air and herbal water, renewal, best used in mornings/daytime
Miessence Brave: Spiced musk, warm and cozy, best used in evenings
Miessence Wild: Strong musk scent, bordering masculine

Amongst the six I tested, my favorites were Calm and Brave -- one for day use, one for evening. A great thing about the sample perfume collection is that you can mix and combine different scents to come up with your own signature scent. If you've been looking to try out organic perfume, definitely consider giving the Miessence Organic Botanical Perfume Collection a try!

Samples, discount, and store link provided by Erin Ely, Independent Miessence Representative.
For a limited time only, use coupon elyo20 to receive an additional 20% off any order! (valid only through link above)