At first hearing about tart warmers, it sounded like a plug-in air freshener just like any other but with messy wax added to the equation. Many studies by many reputable organizations and safety councils have studied and determined that most air fresheners contain or create toxic chemicals. Everything seems to be a political game of profit, you can find experts on all sides to testify to anything, so it is VERY important to look at WHO is FUNDING the studies...it should be an independent, non-profit organization who does not financially benefit from the results either way. Confusion is often a tactic used in product marketing just as it is used in politics; to avoid being played, always look behind the scenes to determine the reputation of a study.
The ironic part is that most people will think twice about swallowing something they believe to be dangerous, but people slather toxic chemicals all over their skin and inhale their fumes without a second thought.Let's consider methods of possible toxin exposure...since many people are ill-informed on how you can be poisoned. Inhalation: When you inhale a chemical, it goes directly from the lungs to the bloodstream; this is the worst exposure you can receive as there is no filtration whatsoever - you will receive a full dose. Skin Absorption: The next most dangerous way to be exposed to chemicals is through skin application. Your skin is an organ and although it creates somewhat of a barrier, it is easily penetrated and chemicals will go directly into the bloodstream from what is absorbed through the skin. Ingestion: Lastly, ingestion is another way chemicals invade your body - but with swallowing a chemical, your body has more defenses set up to deal with it, such functions are provided for by your liver and kidneys.
Now back to Scentsy and why we are unable to test their bars/tarts:
INGREDIENTS: (directly quoted from Scentsy website)
(directly quoted from the Scentsy company website)