Legal Disclaimer: We do not post any reviews of products unless they have been tested by our review personnel.
Products may be provided free of charge for purpose of review only; no other compensation is accepted. All statements are solely intended as opinion.

Cosmetics: Zosimos Botanicals Eye & Lip Pencils



My pick for the "Two Minute Transformation" from Blah to Ahh!


Vegan. Organic. Absolutely gorgeous. EWG safety-rated.

Being the mommy of 3 little ones, I don't always have time for myself...and when I do, it usually involves life-sustaining activities such as eating and drinking. I'm always up for products which make me feel womanly without a lot of effort and gorgeous without spending a lot of green to go green!

This morning I decided to do a little makeover on myself...of course, it had to be reasonable, meaning it had to be minimal in products and time with maximum amount of transformation. I allowed myself 2 products and 2 minutes to see what effect I could create within a reality-based situation for any mommy who has kids tugging on her leg while she is getting ready, others screaming in the other room for help tying their shoes, and another begging to nurse one last time before we head out for groceries.

The 2 products I chose to use were Zosimos Botanicals Vegan Eye Liner in Black Shimmer and Zosimos Botanicals Vegan Lip Liner in Cinnamon. No other products were used. I took 2 before photos and set the timer for 2 minutes....then I took 2 after photos, here they are:
 








I was absolutely amazed that there was such a difference in using just a little bit of eye and lip liner! It was an instant perk-me-up moment and I instantly felt much better, especially knowing that this is do-able on a daily basis, no matter what kiddie crisis is happening!

The eye liner in Black Shimmer has a shimmery, glittery effect and blended really well for a smoky eye look. The pencil was capable of defined or smoky lines and wore well for several hours. I especially liked how soft the eye liner felt against my sensitive skin, I didn't need to tug whatsoever, it glided on so smoothly and softly.

The lip liner in Cinnamon went on easily and almost felt creamy on my lips. It lasted through drinking my entire Kleen Kanteen worth of water, and several hours later, finally wore off as I ate my lunch. I have to say, this is the longest a lip liner has ever lasted on me and there was absolutely no drying of my lips as I am used to from traditional lip cosmetic products.
Black Shimmer Eye Pencil ($13) Ingredients: Organic Simmondia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil; Organic Castor Oil; Castor Wax; Wildcrafted Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax; Mica; Iron Oxides; Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Oleoresin

Cinnamon Eye Pencil ($13) Ingredients: Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil; Wildcrafted Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax; Organic Castor Oil; Castor Wax; Mica; Organic Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Oil